As part of our efforts to facilitate and make your experience with TestPro as user-friendly, enjoyable and productive as possible, TestPro may collect and use certain information you provide to us.
Please review the entire policy to learn about the types of Personal Data TestPro processes, what Personal Data is disclosed to third-parties, and how TestPro protects your Personal Data.
Table of Content
- Information TestPro Collects
- How is Personal Data Collected
- Legal basis for collecting Personal Data
- Usage of your Personal Data
- Sharing of Your Personal Data
- Third-Party Service Providers, Links to other Sites, Third-Party Advertising
- International Transfer
- Children’s Privacy
- Contacting TestPro
1. Information TestPro Collects
As you interact with us and use our Product and Sites, TestPro may collect and use Personal Data from you such as contact details (e.g. name, email address, phone number) as well as voluntarily given personal information about you. Further, TestPro may also collect information regarding your digital identity, such as login name, screen name, nickname, or handle; device information like manufacturer and model of your device; Internet Service Provider (ISP); Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (or another device identifier); browser type; and operating system as well as metadata (e.g. location, cookies, access times and dates, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, pages of the Sites that you visit; the time spent on those pages or interacting with certain portions of the Sites, information you search for on the Sites).
TestPro does not collect or use any sensitive Personal Data and does not want you to provide us with such. Sensitive Personal Data are special categories of Personal Data which is by law considered more sensitive, such as: racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, or trade-union membership, genetic or biometric data, health data, sex life or sexual orientation.
2. How is Personal Data Collected
2.1. Information you provide to us
If you use our Sites or communicate with us (by phone, chat, email, Web forms, social media or other means of communication), you may be required to provide us certain information and Personal Data, in the following ways:
- by filling in forms on our Sites, subscribing to our services, posting material, requesting further services or applying for a job at TestPro;
- when you report a problem with or have a question about our Products;
- by responding to surveys that TestPro might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- by fulfilment of your orders;
- by your search queries on our Sites or through our services.
2.2. Information provided by our business partners
TestPro may receive Personal Data about you submitted to us by your employer. Although, TestPro requires our business partners not to share Personal Data with us, TestPro cannot control what our business partners disclose. Our Products are intended to be accessed and used by multiple users, so our business partners may provide your Personal Data for using our Products.
If your Personal Data has been submitted to us and you wish to exercise any rights you may have to access, correct, amend, or delete Personal Data, please get in touch with respective business partner directly. If you wish to make your request directly to us, please provide the name of the business partner who submitted your Personal Data, since TestPro has no or very limited ability to access data our business partners submit to our Products. TestPro will then refer your request to respective business partner and support as needed in responding to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
2.3. Information from your use of our Software
For improving TestPro Software, TestPro uses a tool that helps us to improve our Software and your user experience this is done by the user directly. All data are collected is collected for product support purposes only.
2.4. Information from your use of our Sites
TestPro may collect your usage information about how you use our Sites, including your access times, location, browser types and language, and IP addresses to track and aggregate information.
TestPro may collect device-specific information when you access our Products and Sites, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our Products and Sites.
This information is collected automatically by our servers when you access our Sites or use our Products and is statistical data, which may or may not include Personal Data, but TestPro may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data TestPro processes in other ways or receives from third- parties. It helps us to improve and to deliver better and more personalized services, including by enabling us to:
TestPro may also collect information about you from your interaction with and use of certain functionalities, such as:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our services according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches;
- recognize you when you return to our Sites. The technologies TestPro uses for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our services or our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as Web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Social Media. TestPro operates and maintains networking pages on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. TestPro may import comments and posts from these third- party platforms to our Sites. If you post to any of our networking pages on third-party social media platforms, you are providing information to the public at your own risk. Please visit the privacy policies of any third-party social media platforms.
2.5. Information from Other Sources
TestPro may also collect information about you:
- from third parties, including but not limited to third-party verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources;
- from our business partners, including our resellers, marketing partners, or service providers TestPro may engage to provide you with certain aspects of our services or products, such as help desk service providers or hosting services;
- if you attend one of our events, or from social networks, public sources, and our third-party analytics service providers.
3. Legal basis for collecting Personal Data
TestPro processes Personal Data on the following legal bases:
- your consent to such processing;
- for the performance of a contract between TestPro and you or to take steps prior to entering into such a contract;
- our legitimate interest for the performance of a contract between TestPro and your employer (our business partner), or to take steps prior to entering into a contract between TestPro and your employer (our business partner);
- our legitimate interest, where – in all circumstances – TestPro will limit such processing to what is necessary for its purpose and includes following:
- transfers of employee/ business partner data for admin purposes within the TestPro group;
- product development and enhancement– where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalize, or otherwise improve our services and communications for the benefit of our customers, and to better understand how people interact with our Sites;
- communications, marketing and intelligence – including processing data for direct marketing purposes and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and advertising;
- fraud detection and prevention (crime prevention);
- industry watch-lists and industry self-regulatory schemes;
- enhancement of our cybersecurity, including improving the security of our network and information systems; and general corporate operations and due diligence;
- compliance with our legal obligations.
4. Usage of your Personal Data
TestPro will use Personal Data only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by you. TestPro will take reasonable technical and organizational measures to ensure that Personal Data is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete, and current
TestPro may combine Personal Data about you that TestPro has collected from different sources, for example, by combining publicly available information from various sources to help analyse sales opportunities.
- to provide, maintain, personalize and improve our Products and Sites and to deliver the information and support you request, including support, marketing and administrative messages;
- to send you news and information and to communicate with you about our Products. You may opt-out at any time of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt-out, TestPro may still send you non-promotional communications, such as account or our ongoing business relations;
- to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences;
- to track and analyse trends and usage relating to our Products and Sites;
- to protect our rights or property;
- to compare information for accuracy;
- to verify your identity;
- to investigate and prevent fraud or other illegal activities;
- for any other purpose disclosed to you relating to our services;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to fulfil any other purpose for which you provide your Personal Data;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and/or our business partners and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Products TestPro provides to you;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
5. Sharing of Your Personal Data
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about you except as described here or at the time of collection. TestPro may share personal data in the following ways:
We also may disclose personal information about you
- if sharing your data is necessary to provide a product, service or information you have requested;
- as part of a joint sales promotion or to pass sales leads to our business partners;
- to keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers or other information we think you would like to hear from our business partners;
- for the purposes of validating employment, training completed or product certifications achieved;
- to connect employees with their company administrator(s);
- with our customers to report and help manage issues requiring support or as part of consulting services;
- with our customers and partners to inform them about their users’ use of our services (such as when a user has obtained credentials or completed a course);
- with service providers we have engaged to perform services on our behalf (such as payment processing, order fulfillment, customer support, customer relations management and data analytics). These service providers are contractually required to safeguard the information provided to them and are restricted from using or disclosing such information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements;
- with approved TestPro partners, to offer and provide our products and services to you; and
- if we are required or permitted to do so by applicable law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena),
- to law enforcement authorities or other government officials to comply with a legitimate legal request,
- when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss to TestPro, its users or the public as required or permitted by law,
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, and
- in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud, illegal activity, security or technical issues.
In addition, we reserve the right to transfer to relevant third parties information we have about you in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation) or other business transaction.
We also may share the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent to the extent required by applicable law.
5.1. Retention of your Personal Data
TestPro may retain your Personal Data for a period consistent with the original purpose of collection. TestPro keeps your Personal Data for no longer than reasonably necessary for your use of our Products and for a reasonable period afterward. If you are a business partner’s employee, TestPro will delete your Personal Data from our systems 7 years after termination of the agreement, insofar no other duration is necessary to be compliant with applicable laws. TestPro also may retain your Personal Data during the period needed for us to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
5.2. Rights to Personal Data
According to applicable data protection laws, you may have the following rights in connection with your Personal Data which are processed by us.
- Right to access: You have the right to request a confirmation as to whether and, if so, what Personal Data TestPro processes from you.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to request correction or changes of your Personal Data if your Personal Data are inaccurate or out of date.
- Right to be forgotten: You have the right to request a deletion of your Personal Data when it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data.
- Right to restriction: You may have the right to request a restriction of the processing of your Personal Data, provided that the legal requirements are met.
- Right to object: You may have the right to object to process your Personal Data, if TestPro does not have no other legitimate grounds besides your consent on doing so.
- Right to data portability: You may have the right to a copy of your Personal Data which TestPro process.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
6. Third-Party Service Providers, Links to other Sites, Third-Party Advertising
7. International Transfer
TestPro may use third-party service providers to process and store Personal Data in the European Union, the United States and other countries, which may be outside of your country of origin.
Where the law of your country of origin requires your express consent to TestPro disclosing your Personal Data to services providers or TestPro entities located in countries outside of your country of origin, you consent to such disclosure and acknowledge in respect of such disclosure that
- you may not be able to seek redress under the laws applicable in your country of origin,
- the overseas recipient may not be subject to any privacy obligations,
- you may not be able to seek redress in the overseas jurisdiction; and
- the overseas recipient may be subject to a foreign law that could compel the disclosure of personal information to a third party, such as an overseas authority.
TestPro employs administrative, physical, and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access by implementing appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, considering technological reality, cost, the scope, context and purposes of processing weighted against the severity and likelihood that the processing could threaten individual rights and freedoms. TestPro uses commercially reasonable security measures such as encryption, firewalls, and employs SSL – a specialized encryption and security technology –or hypertext transfer protocol secure (HTTPS) to protect Personal Data.
Please note that no security system is impenetrable. Accordingly, TestPro cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor that information you supply won’t be intercepted. TestPro is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on or within Products and Sites. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Products and Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and you should not share your password with anyone.
TestPro will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored Personal Data to you via email or posting through the Sites in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
9. Children’s Privacy
Our Products and Sites are not directed to children younger than sixteen (16) years of age and TestPro does not intend to collect Personal Data from children under 16. If you are under 16, please do not use the Site and do not send any information about yourself to us.
Version, 11 Oct 2019